Scottish Golf Club Development Fund
The Scottish Golf Club Development Fund has been established to support affiliated clubs in Scotland with projects aligned to two of Scottish Golf’s strategic priorities, namely:
- Increasing membership, particularly targeting the growth of female and junior members
- Growing revenue (visitor income, non-member income streams, new events)
To assist your club with an application, please contact your Regional Club Development Officer.
The 2019 Club Development Fund has been created from Scottish Golf Reserves and details of eligible projects are provided in the application form, including:
- Get into Golf or Equivalent Adult Beginner Programme – equipment purchase, facility hire, marketing campaigns.
- Junior Development – equipment and resource purchase, transportation costs (e.g. minibus hire but not including personal mileage), facility hire, marketing campaigns, schools and community activity.
- Coach Education – up to a max of 3 coaches per club (for PGA L1/L1 Advanced and L2 qualifications).
- Club Education – Attendance at Scottish Golf or relevant partner endorsed club educational workshops and seminars (e.g. SGCMA) and seminars for paid staff and volunteers (excluding events already subsidised by Scottish Golf).
- Digital and Social Marketing – a local marketing campaign targeting prospects for Get into Golf, ClubGolf or new member recruitment
- Video and Photography – equipment costs or professional hire costs to create a library of good quality imagery or video content to be used in club marketing activity
- Research – costs incurred for research projects undertaken to gather improved insights for beginner, member or visitor recruitment
- Practice Facilities – enhancement of practice facilities aimed at encouraging junior or beginner development e.g. short game area, driving range
- Clubhouse – facility improvement aimed at encouraging increased community use e.g. refurbishment, extensions
- Funding towards planning permission for community facility improvement
*Must be aligned to a Scottish Golf approved Club Business Plan.
- Where a club does not yet have the infrastructure in place to achieve the targets required by the HSBC Golf Roots project fund, a club can apply for the Club Development Fund to support professional coaching for juniors.
- This can cover a maximum of 6 hours and fixed rate of £25/hour for school visits (£150) and also for Pro coaching for a school visit to Club Open Day or Festival with a maximum of 4 hours and fixed rate of £25/hour (£100)
Your application must be submitted through your regional Regional Club Development Officer, who will be happy to assist with your submission. Please contact them to discuss your application before submission.
>PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY OPEN<