Central Database Of Handicaps
The Scottish Central Database of Handicaps (CDH) has now been live and operational since 2012, with the vast majority of Clubs, Areas and Counties now uploaded.
The CDH is delivered as a service to affiliated clubs and provides an important range of benefits to golf club members, affiliated golf clubs, handicapping administrators and the governing bodies.
CDH Login – Access for Affiliated Golf Clubs
Benefits to Golf Clubs
- Your club will receive automatic returns of your members’ Away Scores, which will update onto local club handicap records. (Inclusive of CSS and Nett Double Bogey Adjustments)
- This functionality should substantially reduce the time required by Committees to administer Away Scores and the updating of your members’ handicaps;
- Committees will no longer need to manually return Away Scores to the Home Clubs of visiting competitors as this will be automated when closing down your competitions.
- Competition administrators will be able to access and authenticate individual golfer’s handicaps via the Scottish Golf website for tournament entry purposes and to validate offers to club members.
- CDH provides a Handicap History Record available when player changes club.
Benefits to Golfers
- Golfers will have access to view their Exact and Playing Handicaps on-line
- Full Playing Handicap Record available with all competition results recorded
- Option to receive Scottish Golf e-communications featuring special offers, preferential green fees and other additional golf club member benefits
- Each golfer will be allocated a Scottish Golf ID number linked to the Scottish Golf Membership Card. The membership card allows easy verification as a Club Member to receive special offers.
How to upload your club membership data to CDH
Uploading your membership details to CDH will ensure all members can download their digital Scottish Golf Membership Card.
- Contact your ISV/Handicapping Software Supplier and request that you wish to upload your membership data to the CDH.
- You will be required to provide your ISV with your Club CDH ID Number.
- If you do not know your Club ID number please call the Golf Services Team on: 01334 466 477.
Your ISV will assist you achieve the following steps:
- Activate your handicapping software to allow you to interface with the CDH
- Upload your membership data to the CDH
- Receive the allocated Unique CDH ID Numbers for each of your home members directly back into your handicapping software
- Uploading the full handicap records for ‘home’ members to the CDH
- To test the transferring of data to and from the CDH, including testing the receipt of away scores from the CDH
> ONE Member ONE ID Number – What to do when a new member (Home or Away) joins your Club, or when a member resigns.
> Troubleshooting – Using AppleMac, iPad, or Safari Browser – Set-up help to access CDH