H&S and HR
July 2018 – Club Update
Scottish Golf has a longstanding relationship with the specialist provider Xact to provide a range of Golf Club specific Health & Safety and HR Management Services to our affiliated clubs.
Xact online service Business Assist which is free to our affiliated clubs is being upgraded and integrated into their new Mercury Client Platform.
This upgrade will facilitate a much easier transition to the full suite of support services which are available to affiliated clubs and it will provide access to innovative software which will greatly assist in the management of key risk areas.
Your login to the free service will be issued very soon and this will be supported by a helpline and a customer care strategy to ensure a smooth and seamless transfer to the new platform.
The new platform allows Xact to offer a wider range of upgrade services including:
- Cloud based software including document repository
- Sophisticated Risk Profiling tool
- Golf Club specific Risk Assessment builder
- Golf Club specific Employment Contract builder
- Case management software for HR
If you would like further information on the upgrade services please feel free to contact Graeme Taylor at Xact on 01698 572830 or e-mail Graeme@xact.uk.com
Scottish Golf have a long standing partnership with specialist golf club service providers The Xact Group to provide a range of H&S, HR management support services to all our affiliated clubs.
Their Health & Safety Services are tailored specifically to the Golf Club sector and include support for issues such as risk assessments, policies, guidance, and training for all areas of a Golf Club i.e.
- Catering & Hospitality
- Professional & Retail
In the HR and Employment Law area their support would include golf club sector specific contracts of employment, employee handbooks and job descriptions as well as dealing with all issues arising from recruitment through to termination.
Xact are an accredited OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Standards) and ISO 9001 (Quality Management Standards) business. This means that they have undergone extensive external auditing of their management systems ensuring the highest possible standards of advice.
XACT Business Assist – Free to all affiliated clubs
Business Assist which is now held on Xacts new Mercury platform offers a simple approach to managing your health & safety, HR and employment law compliance. It is designed to provide Golf Clubs with a robust and proactive service thereby enabling the club to minimise their risk of claims and disputes.
The service provides:
- Unlimited access to the Golf Club sector specific web portal
- Online health & safety assistance including a whole range of specific risk assessments, policies, template documents all with supporting guidance notes in the 3 key areas:
- Pro Shop
- Online HR management software, including specimen letters on all aspects of employment and termination, policies, Golf Club sector specific contracts, employee handbooks and detailed guidance notes on all aspects of HR & employment law compliance. There are also additional sections on recruitment, equal opportunities, grievance & disciplinary and termination.
- The website is supported by a business hours helpline on 0330 332 2636.
- On-going support – the alerts service highlights forthcoming changes in legislation and approved codes of practice. The website is continuously updated to reflect changes in current legislation and best practice.
This service is free to all Scottish Golf affiliated clubs. Please click on the following link to access ‘Business Assist’
If you have any questions or experience any difficulties whilst accessing the site please do not hesitate to contact Xact’s helpline: 0330 3322636.