Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club, widely regarded as one of the finest golf resorts in Scotland, will this year be introducing an exciting new set of categories that will incorporate a variety of options for all golfers.
After introducing a new Young Adult Membership and Family Bundle offering in September last year, they now have new options for golfers in 2018.
The club, which now runs independently after many years with the Marriott Hotels portfolio, will introduce four brand new ‘golf only’ categories on 1 March this year.
- Full Golf: Full access to both on-site golf courses
- West Golf: Access to the Resort West course only
- Young Adult: (22-29): Access to both golf courses
- 5 Day Golf: Mon-Fri access to both golf courses
Dalmahoy asked Sam Oliver, Director of Golf & Leisure, some key questions on their exciting improvements:
So, you’re now operating as an independent hotel – how has that affected what types of membership you offer?
Sam: “Becoming an independent venue has allowed Dalmahoy to re-discover its own unique character and not only play on its rich Scottish heritage that is so appealing to our visitors, but also allow us more freedom to tailor our membership offerings for both the local and domestic market.”
The new ‘golf only’ categories will add to, what is already, a great variety of options for every type of golfer. What was the thought process behind the new categories?
Sam: “We want to encourage new members to see all that Dalmahoy can offer from a lifestyle perspective, and combat the challenges that many private members clubs face currently, and are likely to face in the future. We must be pro-active and ensure we are offering flexibility and variety to meet the demands of modern life.
“What is exciting is that we are already receiving a number of enquiries for the new packages, so much so that we are building a waiting list ready for the March launch of the golf only categories. In a time when waiting lists at golf clubs are becoming a rarity this shows real promise for the future of our club . Time to play golf and keep fit, family and work commitments all impact on why clubs are experiencing tough times at the moment.
“With two championship courses, a 9-hole pitch and putt course, practice range and a wonderful country club, we believe that the value on offer in all membership categories is now very competitive.”
There are no joining fees for any of your membership categories. Has this always been the case? If not, why have you scrapped the joining fee?
Sam: “We want to offer accessible luxury. We currently offer flexible monthly direct debit payment options with some fantastic loyalty rewards. We have recently introduced a cash referral programme too so that our members will be well rewarded for introducing their friends and family to Dalmahoy.”
When do the new ‘golf only’ memberships come into play? Have you had much interest already?
Sam: “We are launching the 4 new categories on 1st March 2018. The response has been extremely positive with members and those who are looking to join a club in the New Year.”
Resort Memberships – Golf Courses & Leisure Club access:
- Family Country Club Bundle (full access for 2 adults & 2 children under 25)
- Full Golf (full access)
- West Golf (Resort West Course only)
- Young Adult (22 – 29 years – full access)
- Country/Overseas (full access)
- Student/Youth (18 – 21 years – full access)
- Intermediate (16 – 17 years – full access)
- Junior (15 & Under – restricted access)
Golf Only Memberships:
- Full Golf Only (Both the East and West course access, seven days a week)
- West Golf Only (Resort West course access only)
- 5 Day Only (Both the East and West course access between Monday – Friday)
- Young Adult Golf Only (22-29 years, both the East and West course access)
For more information, contact the membership team on 0131 335 8012 or email email@example.com