Academy – FAQs
The Scottish Golf Academy is the national development programme for Scotland’s talented young golfers.
Below are answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Academy:
Performance Academy nominations will open on Monday 12 June & close Friday 28 July. Scottish Golf tracks players progress throughout the year after a nomination is made.
3. What are the names of the Scottish Golf Regional Performance Coaches names and where are they based?
- George Boswell, Mearns Castle Golf Academy
- David Orr, Eastwood Golf Club
- David Torrance, Nairn Dunbar Golf Club
- Karyn Dallas, Kirriemuir Golf Club
A Scottish Golf Regional Performance Coach is a coach that works together with you and your existing coach (if you have one) to help you reach your full potential.
- Ian Rae, Head National Coach
- Spencer Henderson, National Boy’s Coach
- David Patrick, National Women’s & Girl’s Coach
Yes you can. You will still be assigned a regional performance coach for your Scottish Golf Academy programme. Our aim is to create a working team to help you with your performance development plan.
The Regional Performance coach will oversee the your golf performance and training plan, results and use key statistics gathered from competition and practice to build an effective plan for improvement in competitions.
You may be required to travel based on your assigned regional performance coach and residential camp locations.
The Regional Performance Coach will be in contact with their players every month, so missed sessions should be communicated in advance if possible. However you must make yourself available for residential training camps.