Women & Girls’ Golf Week is here and it’s time to celebrate and hear from fabulous females involved in our sport.
The national awareness campaign, which will run across Great Britain and Ireland between Monday, 30 July and Sunday 5 August, aims to unite the golf industry in celebrating the successes and challenging the misconceptions and stigmas associated with women and girls in golf.
Throughout the online campaign, each day presents a different theme, where stories will be told of women and girls who are involved in the sport with the aim of creating noise across social media, with women and girl golfers everywhere invited to join the conversation using the #WhyIGolf
The themes are:
- Monday: Careers – women working in the industry
- Tuesday: Volunteers – the hidden heroes of the game
- Wednesday: Health & Wellbeing – including celebrities who love the game and why
- Thursday: Performance – opportunities for young, aspiring players
- Friday: Participation – focus on participation programmes nationwide
- Saturday: Championships – key events and pathway for progression
- Sunday: Round-up – highlights from the week
Share Your Story With Us – Join the Conversation #WhyIGolf
We’d love women and girls everywhere to join the conversation, share your story about what golf means to you.
Do you play, work or volunteer in golf? Do you have a love of golf and want to help dispel myths about females in the sport?
Fancy being featured directly in one of our Instagram stories? Maybe a featured tweet, or album on Facebook? We’re looking for as much user-generated content as possible so we can do a collective SHOUT OUT (or two, or three…) across all our digital channels over the week. How about the following:
- Instagram Stories: If you’d like to be featured in our #WhyIGolf stories, send us a 15 second clip of yourself, filmed vertically, sharing your #WhyIGolf story with us.
- Stories, Photos & Video Clips: Send us your photos or videos clips to share on Twitter and Facebook, along with a short bio and your #WhyIGolf story. A maximum of 200 words, please!
Send us your content
To get in touch with your stories, simply contact us at:
- Twitter, Instagram & Facebook – Drop us a Direct Message (links below)
Tag, tag, tag!
Throughout the week, don’t forget to tag Scottish Golf in your posts using the following handles, so we can share your stories far and wide: