What is the Scottish Golf Buying Group?
As part of our commitment to supporting clubs and in response to demand for this particular service, Scottish Golf works in partnership with Golf Management Group (GMG), providing all affiliated golf clubs free access to a dedicated buying group.
The Scottish Golf Buying Group, in partnership with GMG, harnesses the collective purchasing power of clubs to leverage significant discounts across a range of goods and service categories used by golf clubs. Our aim is to deliver cost savings for clubs and improve the services on offer to clubs from our group of suppliers. The service will be opt-in, but we are encouraging all clubs to consider the many benefits of the Buying Group, including:
- Access to GMG’s internal teams, experts in their field who will benchmark your core areas of expenditure against our national price files and give you insight into best practice and the current trends in their sector.
- Access to Contracts Manager, an easy to use online management tool designed to manage all your service and utility contracts.
- A saving of £149 a year – Scottish Golf affiliated clubs will not be required to pay for the service.
Since launching the service in March 2018, clubs affiliated to Scottish Golf have saved more than £100,000 in utilities, electricity, gas and water with the wider buying group’s total savings across all clubs in Scotland now topping £180,000.
What categories of goods and services are available via the Buying Group?
The list of categories we operate in includes:
- Waste Management
- Golf Course Equipment
Achievements in the above categories to date:
- More than 50 golf clubs have transferred to the group’s exclusive new rate for waste management services and are making savings of between 11% to 30%. Furthermore, a number of clubs are in the process of moving their waste management contract which will result in average savings of £750 per club. The exclusive SGBG national price file means that Scottish clubs are enjoying the most competitive waste management rates. SGBG in many cases transfers the club to lower waste management pricing without any change to the provider of the service.
- 27 golf clubs are engaged with the Scottish Golf Buying Group’s preferred telecoms provider and are now enjoying savings of up to 57% against previous costs.
- 19 clubs are in the process of moving over to the group’s washroom services, which will eventually lead to an average saving of £800 per club
- 12 clubs are currently changing over their Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) supplier, with potential savings of up to £4,000 per annum, simply by moving on to the SGBG price file.
- Specialised food procurement services is a huge growth area and has saved several clubs more than £5,000 per annum – an area that has tremendous scope for clubs to take advantage of.
How do I sign-up?
To sign up or find out more about the Scottish Golf Buying Group, please complete the online form below and a member of our team will be in touch soon to discuss further.