How to Obtain a CONGU Handicap
CONGU Handicap Allocation
- CONGU Handicaps must be allotted in accordance with the CONGU UHS.
- Please refer to Clause 16 – Allotment of Handicaps and Clause 26 – Regaining a Handicap.
CONGU Category 1 Handicap Allocation
- Category 1 CONGU handicaps for both men and ladies are ratified by Scottish Golf.
- Please complete the Category One Handicap – Application Form and return along with a scanned copy of the three scorecards to E: email@example.com
- Scottish Golf will provide the Club with an allocated handicap and the necessary software code to administer via club handicapping software.
Amateur Status – Reinstatement from Professional Game
- Firstly, an application for reinstatement must be made by the player to the R&A and a reinstatement date will be confirmed.
- During the period up to the reinstatement date, a club can allocate the player a ‘Club Handicap’ which will allow the player to play in club competitions.
- The player’s score must not be included in the CSS Calculation while a Club Handicap is held.
- When the time comes for full reinstatement, all scores recorded during the waiting period will be used to determine the players’ official CONGU handicap reinstatement.
- Handicaps in the range of 29 to 54 (men/boys) and 37 to 54 (ladies/girls) may be allotted as a Club Handicap for players not capable of playing to a handicap of 28 (men) or 36 (ladies).
- Scores must not be included in the CSS Calculation while a Club Handicap is held.
- > CONGU UHS – Appendix J – Club Handicaps