Become a Scottish Golf Host Venue
Would you like to become a Scottish Golf host venue?
As Scottish Golf plan for the future, we are keen to hear from clubs who are interested in becoming a Scottish Golf host venue.
We host almost 40 events each year, for golfers of all ages and abilities, with our events ranging from one-day qualifiers for our series of handicap events to our high profile multi-day National Championships. Scottish Golf is committed to hosting events at a diverse range of courses across the country and providing a range of benefits to those clubs who welcome us.
In the video below we caught up with David Roy, managing secretary at Crail Golfing Society, whose club recently welcomed the Loretto School Scottish Boys’ & Girls’ Under-14s Championship, and he outlined the positive impact staging the event had on the historic club. If your club is interested in becoming a host venue in the future, we’d love to hear from you…
Key Benefits of Hosting a Scottish Golf event:
- Raising your Profile: we can generate good exposure for your club through the promotion of an event to our national and international audience.
- Digital Media Coverage: our national events generate significant traffic on our website (average 40,000 unique users per month) and engagement on our social media channels, with 28,000 followers on Facebook and Twitter.
- Income Generation: with our national events attracting large fields, you can boost bar and catering income through sales of food and beverage to players, their families and spectators.
- Photography: for a number of our events, Scottish Golf will use a professional photographer with the host club gaining access to use top class imagery from the gallery for future marketing purposes.
- Recognition: Market your club as an Official Scottish Golf host venue.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Many clubs have a commitment to hosting national events as part of their corporate social responsibility ethos – your club can gain positive PR by giving something back to the game.
- Attracting Visitors: by showcasing your course to golfers across Scotland, and indeed competitors from other countries in some cases, you can attract visitors through positive word of mouth among their peer group and encourage competitors to share positive feedback on their social media platforms
- Boost Local Economy: your club can build relationships with local hotels, accommodation providers and restaurants by driving business their way – potentially resulting in improved visitor package rates or future club sponsorship
- Inspire your Juniors: by hosting one of our flagship events, your junior members can come along and watch some of the future stars of the game in action which will hopefully inspire them! Leading professional stars such as Catriona Matthew, Stephen Gallacher, Pamela Pretswell, Marc Warren, Kylie Walker and Richie Ramsay have all played in our championships during their amateur careers.
Scottish Golf Events – Facebook Photo Galleries
To give you a flavour of what it would be like to host a Scottish Golf event, please check out the photo galleries from our early season National Championships below:
Interested? Please get in touch!
If you are interested in hosting a Scottish Golf event please complete the form below and a member of our friendly Events Team will be in touch to discuss this opportunity further: