Scottish Golf Young Person’s Panel
Scottish Golf is excited to launch the Young Person’s Golf Panel. Working with young people (both golfers and non-golfers), the role of the panel will be to provide valuable insights and a better understanding of young people and society today.
As part of our commitment to growing the game, it is vitally important we engage and listen to young people and offer a platform that enables them to voice their opinions.
We want young people to be part of shaping the future of golf in Scotland, and are looking for candidates to help us support clubs. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting time for Scottish Golf, and for the panel to work with the Governing Body for their personal development, life skills and employability skills as Scottish Golf support them fully on their Leadership journey.
Candidates must be 14-23, fully committed, and be passionate about sport and making a difference.
Why are we launching our Young Person’s Golf Panel?
The Young Person’s Panel is a huge opportunity to give young people a platform to voice their opinions about the sport. What are the issues and barriers they face, and what innovative ideas do they have to overcome them?
It’ll give us a valuable opportunity to examine development through the eyes of young people.
What will the programme offer you?
- We will support the panel and young people to develop new life skills whilst providing you with experiences that will increase your confidence
- Support you as a young person to develop your leadership skills, while giving you the opportunity to motivate and inspire others to get involved in golf
- You will be provided with a platform to share your views and influence the future of Scottish golf
- You will be provided with a benefits package including; branded clothing, team building, plus much more…
What will the Young Person’s Panel do?
The Young Person’s Golf Panel is a national programme, encouraging and enabling networking with new friends, athletes and inspirational people involved in golf. Each of the panel will receive a bespoke development programme, tailored to their particular skills and interests.
The Young Golfer’s Panel will meet together as a group 2 – 3 times in the year to discuss and share ideas on the following:
- Barriers to participation in golf
- How to encourage people to participate in golf
- Club vision and direction
- Social media and communication in clubs
The Panel will become involved in a variety of opportunities such as:
- Research and reporting to management and board level
- Assisting with new initiatives to engage young people in golf
- Engaging with golf clubs
- Creation of sub-groups across priority areas of work identified by the panel
- Media & communications, promoting golf through a variety of social media channels
Scottish Golf staff and volunteers will be there at each step, to offer support and guidance.
Why should I get involved?
Becoming a member of the Young Person’s Golf Panel is a great way to gain an insight into Scottish golf and help shape the future of the game and to provide you with experiences that will develop your skills. For example, organisation, communication, presentation, event management or leadership.
Getting involved might also provide a different perspective to career opportunities.
As a role model and leader of young people, you will be able to influence and shape decision making whilst gaining skills that will enhance your CV.
How can I become involved with the Young Person’s Golf Panel?
If you are aged 14 to 23 and keen to shape the future of Scottish Golf, we want to hear from you!
Ideally you will be:-
- Enthusiastic and passionate about golf/sport
- Want to make a difference through action planning, decision-making within projects and meetings
- Driven and have ambitions to be a leader within the Scottish golf community
- Willing and able to commit up to a maximum of 2 hours per week
To apply please click the link below: