Scottish Golf announced its new look Club Development Team, based on feedback from its recent club insights project, at its National Conference in Edinburgh on 1 December.
The restructure will better align the governing body’s resources to deliver on its new four-year strategy and further enhance the direct support provided to affiliated clubs.
What are the changes?
While there has been no change to the overall headcount within the team, three new roles have been created and our Regional Schools and Communities Officers have now moved across to Regional Club Development Officer roles.
The Regional Club Development Officer team will increase from six to seven, while our Central Support Team now comprises of six members of staff.
What does this mean for my Club?
These changes reflect a more club-centric approach and will also provide additional expertise to clubs in core service areas.
For some clubs, it will mean that they will have a new Regional Club Development Officer working in their region, full details below.
The new-look Development Team:
Our Central Support Team will assist the regional team with providing new resources, toolkits and education in their respective areas of expertise. This will strengthen our support to clubs in key areas. The Central Support Team is as follows:
- Gavin Forrester – Junior Development Manager (new role)
- Iain Evans – Club Business Manager (new role)
- Mandy Martin – Regional Team Manager (new role)
- Carolyn Hedley – Environment & Sustainability Manager (existing role)
- Carol Harvey – Women & Girls Development Manager (existing role)
- Calum Grant – Handicapping & Course Rating Officer (existing role)
Some of our Regional Club Development Officers will also be assigned to different regions and these changes are detailed below (with their respective Local Authority area in brackets):
- Willie MacKay – (Highland, Eilean Siar, Orkney, Shetland, Moray)
- Martin Ritchie – (Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Dundee, Angus)
- Sean Laird – (Argyll & Bute, Stirling, Falkirk, Clacks, West Dumbartonshire, East Dumbartonshire)
- Fraser Crawford – (Fife, Perth & Kinross)
- Craig Chalmers – (Glasgow, North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire)
- Ann Lang – (Dumfries & Galloway, East Ayrshire, North Ayrshire, South Ayrshire, Inverclyde)
- Lesley Nicholson – (The Scottish Borders, East Lothian, Midlothian, Edinburgh East)
- Mandy Martin – (West Lothian & Edinburgh West)
Please get in touch with your Regional Club Development Officer if you wish to arrange a meeting to access Scottish Golf’s support across our core services.
National Conference Recap – Development & Club Support
Tune in to Development Director Ross Duncan talking through Scottish Golf’s plans to support clubs, develop women & girl’s golf and celebrate the Solheim Cup as it comes to Scotland in 2019.