Volunteer at the European Championships
Supported by both the European Tour and the Ladies European Tour, the 2018 European Golf Team Championships promises to be a special moment for golf fans.
Golfing history will be created when the European Golf Team Championships are staged at the iconic PGA Centenary Course at Gleneagles in Perth & Kinross, as part of Glasgow 2018.
In a world first the best men and women golfers in Europe will compete, side-by-side in a ground-breaking mixed event, to help create a truly memorable new highlight on the golfing calendar. The first ever European Golf Team Championships will have individual competitions, for men and women, and a mixed team event.
Two different formats of the game will be played: Match Play for the individual events and Stroke Play for the team event. Competition days will run from Tuesday 7 August to Sunday 12 August 2018.
Volunteer at Glasgow 2018’s Golf at Gleneagles & Glasgow Go Live on the Green
We are looking for a small number of additional golf volunteers who continue to support the sport of golf and would be interested in this unique opportunity. If you have knowledge of golf, good communication skills, and can work as part of a team, get in touch.
- Golf volunteer roles at Gleneagles and Glasgow Go Live on the Green. Volunteers must be 16 years of age, or older, on 1 January 2018. Training will be provided for all volunteers.
- Gleneagles volunteers will help run the vibrant Family Activity Zone, which will offer free 15-minute lessons with PGA Profesionals and families looking to have FUN with the various golf activities on offer e.g. putting games, bunker challenges and mini driving range.
- Go Live on the Green: Glasgow Green will be a city hotspot during the Glasgow 2018 European Championships, bringing together sport, culture and entertainment to provide a daily programme of free to attend activities. GO LIVE! at the Green will take place from 2-12 August. Volunteers will be asked to supervise two golf nets as well as a StreetGolf area. This is an opportunity for the volunteers to promote their own golf clubs to the anticipated thousands of people in attendance. This innovative live experience will bring together sport, fitness, health, arts, food and drink as never before in an engaging and exciting way to encourage people to lead healthy and active lives.
- Go Live on the Green – Discover More
- Volunteers will receive 2x free tickets to attend the European Team Championships at Gleneagles as a thank you.
How do I apply?
Applications have now closed and successful volunteers notified
Additional Support: We are committed to ensuring that everybody has equal access to the Glasgow 2018 European Championships Volunteering Programme and supporting a diverse range of participants. We ask you to let us know any information you feel is important in your application. If you feel there are any barriers to you volunteering, please speak to the Volunteer Team.