Tour Professional – Richie Ramsay
DOB: 15/06/83 Born: Aberdeen Club: Royal Aberdeen SG career: 2000 – 2007
Bio: Ramsay shines like a beacon for Scotland’s aspiring golfers to follow.
The Aberdonian is a notable product of Scottish Golf’s player pathway programme and perhaps reflects successfully climbing the ladder from the amateur ranks to the top of the professional game better than anyone.
A prolific winner in his amateur days both domestically and internationally, the University of Stirling graduate starred for Scotland, Great Britain & Ireland and Europe in the most prestigious amateur team events, including the Walker Cup and the World Amateur Team Championship.
The 2006 US Amateur champion, the first British player to achieve the feat since 1911, has since impressed in the professional arena, triumphing both on the Challenge and European Tours to become one of Scotland’s most notable golfers.
- 2008 Vodafone Challenge (Challenge Tour)
- 2008 AGF-Allianz Golf Open Grand Toulouse (Challenge Tour)
- 2009 South African Open Championship (European Tour)
- 2012 Omega European Masters (European Tour)
- 2015 Trophee Hassan II (European Tour)
- 2004 Scottish Amateur Open Stroke Play Championship
- 2005 Irish Amateur Open Stroke Play Championship
- 2006 US Amateur Championship
- 2005 Walker Cup (representing Great Britain & Ireland)
- 2006 Eisenhower Trophy (World Amateur Team Championship) (representing Scotland)
- 2006 St Andrews Trophy (representing Great Britain & Ireland) (winners)
- 2006 Bonallack Trophy (representing Europe) (winners)
- 2006 Palmer Cup (representing Europe) (winners)
- 2005/6 Home Internationals (representing Scotland) (winners)
- Regular international at Boys’ and Men’s level for SGU