What is the Scottish Golf Performance Academy?
The Scottish Golf Performance Academy is the national programme for Scotland’s talented young golfers. Nurturing boys and girls from the age of 12 and upwards, the Performance Academy provides young players with a comprehensive coaching and support programme tailored to the needs of the individual to maximise their potential.
Using some of the country’s best facilities and PGA-trained coaches, the Scottish Golf Academy supports players each year through the programme with the objective of developing Scotland’s future generation of golfing winners through specialised, personal support.
To learn more about the structure of the Performance Academy please use the menu to the right.
Did you know…?
Scottish Boys’ and Girls’ champions 2017, Scottish Boys’ U16 Open champion 2017, Scottish Girls’ U14 Open champion 2017 and R&A Girls U16 Open champion 2018 are all members of the Performance Academy programme.
Our primary objectives are to develop players and deliver their potential to:
- Support players in their development as a performance golfer
- Develop players to represent Scotland at girls and boys level
- Provide players with individualised support
- Succeed at World and European level as individuals or as part of a Scotland team at an amateur level
- Gain selection to Great Britain and Ireland teams