Scottish Golf is excited to announce the members of its first ever Young Person’s Golf Panel following the group’s first meeting at Cluny Clays in Kirkcaldy last weekend.
The Panel was established as part of Scottish Golf’s commitment to growing the game and will provide the National Governing Body with a better understanding of young people and society today.
Speaking at the launch event, Gavin Forrester, Junior Development Manager at Scottish Golf said:
“The Young Person’s Panel is a huge opportunity to give young people in Scotland a platform to voice their opinions about the sport and the issues or barriers they may face, but it is also an opportunity for them to discuss innovative ideas together that can help overcome these issues.
We had a really positive first meeting of the panel and those involved have already got some great ideas of what they would like to achieve as a group which is really exciting for us all to be a part of.
The team at Scottish Golf are really looking forward to working with the group and wish them the best of luck as they embark on this exciting journey together.”
Scottish Golf Young Person’s Golf Panel:
Here’s our panellists explaining why they signed up and what the beautiful game means to them…
With the Young Person’s Golf Panel now in place, the national programme will work with the panellists to share ideas on the following:
- Barriers to participation in golf
- How to encourage people to participate in golf
- Club vision and direction
- Social media and communication in clubs
- The Panel will become involved in a variety of opportunities such as:
- Research and reporting to management and board level
- Assisting with new initiatives to engage young people in golf
- Engaging with golf clubs
- Creation of sub-groups across priority areas of work identified by the panel
- Media & communications, promoting golf through a variety of social media channels
Scottish Golf will continue to provide regular updates and communication on the Young Person’s Golf Panel and to keep up to date with all of the latest developments make sure you are following us on social media, @ScottishGolf.