Home Who We Are
Who We Are
What is Scottish Golf?
Scottish Golf is the national governing body for the sport of golf in Scotland. Based at the Home of Golf in St Andrews, we provide support to Scotland’s affiliated 587 golf clubs, representing and adding value to a total of 211,000 golf club members, all of whom contribute to our organisation.
Our role ranges from the employment of 6 Regional Club Development Officers who provide face-to-face support to our clubs, through to staging a series of national championships for golfers of all ages and abilities, while maintaining the handicap system to enable golfers of differing abilities, men and ladies alike, to compete on a fair and equitable basis
We strive to grow the game with increased membership; support sustainable clubs at the heart of their communities; develop Scottish players to succeed on the world stage, working with aligned partners playing a positive role in the game, all contributing to elevate Scotland’s status back to the top of the world game.
To reinvent, reposition and reinvigorate golf so that the game is grown and developed in Scotland via new markets and opportunities both locally and internationally.
- To build stronger clubs at the heart of their community
- To grow the number of people playing golf
- To develop winning golfers as great role models
- To lead and influence positive change within the game
- To harness golf and The Home of Golf’s broad appeal to attract new audiences and investment
- Increase Participation
- Improve Player Performance
- Provide Meaningful Support to Clubs & Facilities
- Effective Organisation
- High Performing Workforce (Staff, Coaches, Volunteers)
- Increase Affinity (Commercial & Communication)